Happy New Year to one and all! The latest issue of the ALL-SIS Newsletter is now available at www.aallnet.org/sections/all/resources/newsletter
University of California School of Law Library
Do you have a great idea for a research project, but need funding to help you get it completed? ALL-SIS can help! Grants are available for amounts of $250 to up to $2000 to fund intellectually significant research. If there is more than one accepted grantee, the maximum yearly grant of $2000 will be split among the recipients. If you are a member of ALL-SIS, submit your proposal BY FEBRUARY 8, 2016. The submission criteria and the grant application are available from the ALL-SIS Research and Scholarship Committee. Proposals should be sent to Ashley Krenelka Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a terrific opportunity to get some needed help and contribute to our ongoing scholarly discussions.
Susan Nevelow Mart
Associate Professor and Director of the Law Library
University of Colorado Law School
Wm. A. Wise Law Library
The ALL-SIS Executive Board has approved the awarding of three grants for the 2016 AALL Leadership Academy. There will be two grants for $1000 and one grant for $500. Criteria for the grants can be found at Criteria for Awards.
A direct link to the grant application can be found at www.aallnet.org/gm-node/51907.aspx (.docx) and www.aallnet.org/gm-node/51908.aspx (PDF).
If you will be attending the Leadership Academy, please consider applying for these grants. If a member of your staff will be attending, please encourage them to apply. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2016.
Chair, ALL-SIS Awards Committee
ASST. DIRECTOR FOR FACULTY SERVICES
CHASE COLLEGE OF LAW LIBRARY
NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
I am pleased to announce that an updated Faculty Services Toolkit is now online! The updated toolkit is brought to you by the hard work of the very dedicated 2014-2015 ALL-SIS Faculty Services Committee. I’d like to also give a special thanks to the ALL-SIS webmaster, Creighton Miller, who helped tremendously with embedding documents and webpages.
You can find the toolkit here (login required). Please take a look! We welcome feedback and would love to hear what you find useful or what you would like to see in future toolkit updates.
Thanks and happy holidays!
2015-2016 ALL-SIS Faculty Services Committee Chair
Cassie Rae DuBay
Head of Research Services
Underwood Law Library
Southern Methodist University
See the ALL-SIS website for a calendar of AALL 2015 programs, meetings, and events with an academic law library focus: http://www.aallnet.org/gm-node/50530.aspx.
Or, for full program descriptions and additional details, see the Summer 2015 issue of the ALL-SIS Newsletter (pp. 10-16): http://www.aallnet.org/sections/all/resources/newsletter/archives/34-3.pdf#page=10.
It is with great pleasure that I report the results of our recent election. Our incoming Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect is Prano Amjadi from Santa Clara University School of Law, and our incoming Member-at-Large is Kate Irwin-Smiler from Wake Forest University School of Law. Congratulations to these two remarkable leaders!
And many thanks to Jessica Wimer and Patrick Meyer for being willing to serve. Both of them were outstanding candidates with many accomplishments to their credit. Without them, ALL-SIS would be a lesser organization.
Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
The ALL-SIS Awards Committee is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 ALL-SIS Awards and Annual Meeting Grants. We look forward to honoring this distinguished group in person at the ALL-SIS Awards Ceremony and Reception which will be held on Sunday, July 19th from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Frederick Charles Hicks Award for Outstanding Contributions to Academic Law Librarianship: Blair S. Kauffman, Law Library Director and Professor of Law, Yale Law School, Lillian Goldman Law Library
- The ALL-SIS Outstanding Article Award: James M. Donovan, Carol A. Watson, & Caroline Osborne, The Open Access Advantage for American Law Reviews, Edison 2015-03A, http://www.jptos.org/news/375/100.html.
- The ALL-SIS Outstanding Service Award: Merle J. Slyhoff, Collection Development Librarian, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Biddle Law Library
- Active Member Stimulus Grant: Susan David deMaine, Research & Instruction Librarian, Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Ruth Lilly Law Library, & I-Wei Wang, Reference Librarian, University of California Law School, Boalt Hall Library
- Regular Member Stimulus Grant: Karen Selden, Metadata Services Librarian, University of Colorado Law School
- CONELL Grant: Grace Lee, Law Library Intern, University of Washington School of Law, Gallagher Law Library
ALL-SIS Awards Committee Chair
Access Services and Reference Librarian and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law
Brooklyn Law School Library